Revolution Plus For Cats – Purrfect Protection from Parasites
There are numerous types of parasites that cause problems in cats. It is relatively common for your cat to become infected with internal or external parasites at some point. While there are varieties of parasites that will hunt your cat down, on its counterpart, there also are myriad of parasitic treatments for pet parents to choose from. Well, it can be a bit overwhelming for pet parents to choose the right product for their furry buddy due to similar products. However, the same confusion may be striking for Revolution and Revolution Plus for cats. Therefore, we will discuss everything about Revolution Plus for cats to get a fair idea.
What is Revolution Plus for Cats?
Revolution Plus is a multi-spectrum flea and tick treatment for cats. It is an advanced version of Revolution for cats. The spot-on kills existing fleas before they lay eggs and breaks the flea cycle. Furthermore, Revolution Plus also eliminates the infestation of hookworms, roundworms, ear mites, and biting lice. This monthly treatment also prevents heartworm disease in cats. Moreover, this parasitic protection for cats also controls Flea Allergy Dermatitis (FAD). Revolution Plus is suitable to use on cats and kittens over 8 weeks of age.
How Does Revolution Plus for Cat Works?
Revolution Plus for cats contains two active ingredients Sarolaner and Selamectin. These products are readily absorbed by the body into the skin layers and in the bloodstream. The two powerful ingredients attack the nerve cells in nematodes and muscle cells in arthropods, leading to the paralysis or death of parasites. The two functional ingredients destroy a wide range of parasites protecting the cat against their harmful effects.
Benefits of Revolution Plus for Cats
- Treats and prevents flea and flea infestations
- Destroys paralysis ticks
- Treats and prevents intestinal worms including hookworms and roundworms
- Prevents and controls heartworm disease
- Eliminates ear mites
- Removes biting lice
- Easy to apply
- Long-lasting monthly topical treatment
Directions to Use Revolution Plus on Your Cats
- Select the product as per the age and size of your cat.
- Press the cap of the tube firmly to puncture the seal.
- Part your cat’s fur at the base of his neck.
- Apply the solution on the exposed skin.
- Empty the entire contents on the visible spot.
- Do not massage the product into the skin.
Safety Measures to Use Revolution Plus For Cats
- For veterinary use only.
- Keep the product out of the reach of children and pets.
- Store it in a cool and dry place.
- Safe to use on cats and kittens 8 weeks and older, and weighing 2.8 lbs or greater.
- Oral administration of the product must be strictly prohibited.
- Wash hands after use.
- Do not use on sick, debilitated or underweight cats.
- Do not use the product on damaged skin.
- Avoid contact with the eyes of the animal.
- It is not safe to use on pregnant, lactating and breeding cats.
- Do not eat, drink or smoke during the administration of the product.
How Is Revolution Plus Different From Revolution?
Revolution for Cats is a monthly parasitic treatment that kills fleas, controls, and prevents flea infestation, as well as controls intestinal worms such as hookworms and roundworms in cats. It also treats ear mites and prevents heartworms. Whereas Revolution Plus for cats kills fleas, kills ticks, prevents heartworm disease, treats and controls roundworms and hookworms and ear mites. As compared to Revolution, Revolution Plus for cats provides the broadest pest coverage for indoor and outdoor cats. Revolution is a 5 in 1 protection for cats while Revolution Plus also treats fleas. Therefore, Revolution Plus broadens the scope of pest protection to 6 common parasites that are detrimental for both indoor and outdoor cats and kittens.